Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Cockroaches

I am really quite afraid of bugs. Eisa had a playmate when she got into the shower last night -- a large roach that flew at her when she pulled the shower curtain back. Large roaches are bad enough, but large flying roaches are unholy, proof that the armageddon is near and that good has lost its battle with evil.

I thought of this because I'm sitting outside working on something and I large bug lands on the picnic table right next to my laptop. Am I scared? No, because it's a nice bright green bug. I actually tried to get a little closer to it to see if it was camouflaging itself as a leaf, but I scared it away. This begs two (2) questions.

1. Why am I afraid of roaches? They're not going to hurt me anymore than this cute green guy could?

2. Why do roaches have to be black and shiny and slimy-looking and so, so revolting?

We have geckos in the house, too. They really chirp loudly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home