Wednesday, August 18, 2004

I'm Moving To Hawaii Tomorrow

I'm moving to Hawaii tomorrow. I think I'll need to cultivate a look for while I'm there. I'm going to need to be quite thin, and rather languid, though I should be fit enough that with one look you think "this island dude may be languid now but he could spring into action at any time." To accomplish this I'm going to need to maintain a pretty consistent level of stubble, just enough to cover my square and important chin. My hair will be short, well-groomed but unkempt. I'm not going to wear anything but white button-down shirts. Some will be short-sleeve, though I'll also wear some long-sleeve ones and just roll those sleeves right up. You'll find me with two or three shirt buttons undone, or maybe even the whole lot of them, as if I was doing something relaxed and yet still awesome when you came up and I just pulled this white cotton button-down island shirt on to meet you on the lanai. I think I'll be wearing something around my neck, something woven and natural and extremely significant. Obviously I'll only wear flip-flops, though if I need to go to town or schlep a kayak or a crate of mangoes, I'll strap on some gym shoes with no socks. Yeah, that's what I'll do. Glad that's been straightened out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home