Sunday, August 17, 2003

One Letter, and Other Assorted Sunday Night Notes


Readers, I like how "self-referential" (like this or any other blog) and "self-reverential" (like this or any other blog) are one letter apart.

This is a neat site. I've been told by someone wise that I belong to a burgeoning subculture of people obsessed with lists and this caters to that nicely. My first website, in fact, displayed my favorite two-hundred classic rock songs. It had blinking text, and generated a shocking amount of comment considering it was a 16-year-old's musing on the Doors and the relative greatness of Eric Clapton's various bands.

This blog is now one of 3,083,324,652 sites indexed by and searchable on Google. It took surprisingly long, but I've made it. A rabid fan following is sure to come next. I've warned Blogger about the likely increased load. Thanks to everyone who made this possible.

I might ditch the whole "Readers" theme. It really isn't funny.

I'm slightly sad that everyone at my company has happily interlinked blogs, but none of them link to mine. Then again, their blogs are about computer programming and the best way to structure software teams and other stuff like that. Mine is self-ref(v)erential. I write to it in hopes of spitting out a clever, well constructed sentence, I think. Occasionally I do, and I'm proud.

Narrator: Tyler, you are by far the most interesting single-serving friend I've ever met... see I have this thing: everything on a plane is single-serving--
Tyler Durden: Oh I get it, it's very clever.
Narrator: Thank you.
Tyler Durden: How's that working out for you?
Narrator: What?
Tyler Durden: Being clever.
Narrator: Great.
Tyler Durden: Keep it up then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home