Wednesday, February 25, 2004

I Didn't Know They Were Asking

Heard on NPR this morning, out of the mouth of a Missouri state senator (I'm paraphrasing): "If we allow same-sex marriages, how are we going to answer the polygamists when they come asking?". Solid question, Senator. Way to hone on on what's really important to your constituents: stamping out the rampaging plague that is polygamy and polygyny in the lower Midwest. I can't believe what our elected officials spend their time talking about. I don't expect to agree with them, but they continue to disappoint me with their lack of concern for the dignity of their offices and our institutions. Please only talk about things that are important, ladies and gentlemen. If any two or six people want to get married, don't waste your precious and expensive time talking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home