Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Slaughter


Readers, let me tell you about where my parents live. They sold my childhood home in favor of a nice place on a pretty nice sized piece of land in the country. There's a bunch of woods, and, by the house, a small man-made pond. One of my favorite pastimes when I go home is to walk around the pond and giggle as little frogs jump into the water a few feet in front of me -- all the way around. Well, not this year.

judygray1947: Bad thing happened here
Jeff Gray: what?
judygray1947: We accidentally poisoned all the tadpoles in our pond
Jeff Gray: oh
Jeff Gray: fertilizer?
Jeff Gray: mom
judygray1947: Treated pond with copper sulfate
Jeff Gray: too much?
judygray1947: like always
Jeff Gray: you killed them all?
Jeff Gray: will they come back?
judygray1947: Helps keep algae down
judygray1947: Eventually they'll come back
Jeff Gray: they better
judygray1947: Plenty of frogs around elsewhere
Jeff Gray: so there are a lot of dead tadpoles?
judygray1947: Also, I don't think we killed all the adult frogs
Jeff Gray: well not yet
judygray1947: Literally tens or hundreds of thousands
judygray1947: Awful
Jeff Gray: mom
judygray1947: I spent 3 hours yesterday bagging them up
judygray1947: Many more
Jeff Gray: that's horrible
judygray1947: I think we treated the pond earlier than in prior years
judygray1947: This copper sulfate is a standard thing for ponds
judygray1947: Yes horrible
judygray1947: Much guilt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home