Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Inanity


Readers, let me tell you, there's a lot of dumb stuff out there on the web. This page now betrays that it knows where the computer you're using is located.

Also inane is this "Reader,..." theme. I thought it was cute (since there are no readers) but I sure am tired of it already. We'll stick with it, until we hear from the masses. But wait. There aren't any...

And to cap off our inane trio for the evening is a reminder that even in England, dubbed "just like the US but more inconvenient" by, well, me, is a reminder that everything here isn't just like like back home. I've lost touch with just how ridiculous the good ole USA can be.

I've gotten no hint of this kind of misguided patriotic nonsense here, and other than the Tim Robbins-Baseball Hall of Fame stupidity and some sporadic Dixie Chicks jokes, hadn't heard much about jingoism at home, either. Wait, I guess I have heard about a fair amount. Americans are frustrating. I hope someone stages a mustard-burning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home